Friday, August 27, 2010
1 lb Barilla Whole Grain Linguine
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic, Chopped
1/4 Onion, Chopped
1 Tbs Fresh Parsley, Chopped
2 Roasted Red Peppers, Sliced
1 tsp Thin Fresh Lemon
1/4 cup Water
Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
1 cup Romano Cheese, Shredded
BRING a large salted pot of water to a boil.
JUICE lemon to yield 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
SAUTÉ garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
ADD onion and continuing cooking until the onion appears translucent.
ADD chopped parsley and sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat.
ADD roasted red peppers, lemon juice and water; bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
COOK Whole Grain Linguine according to the package directions. Meanwhile, TRANSFER sauce mixture to a blender and blend until smooth; pour back into skillet and bring to a simmer.
DRAIN Whole Grain Linguine and toss with sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top and allow to melt before serving.
Barilla® Whole Grain Linguine with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Monday, August 9, 2010
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini, or 1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 tsp. finely chopped mint leaves
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned.
- Add vegetable broth and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Vegetarian Times Issue: September 1, 2009 p.51