1 tbsp oil
2 onions, chopped
3 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp marjoram
6 cloves of garlic, minced
3 large carrots, chopped
1 sweet potato, chopped
8 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat oil in pot and saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes
2. Add coriander, marjoram and garlic and stir for about a minute.
3. Add carrots. sweet potato and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until carrots and potato are tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Add cilantro, salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Puree using an immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor. [Serves 4]
TreeHugger Recipe of the Week: Carrot and Coriander Soup