* 12 oz. penne pasta
* 1 dried chipotle chile, soaked in hot water 10 minutes, or 1 chile from 4-oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
* 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
* 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
* 1 4-oz. log goat cheese, plus more for crumbling and sprinkling, if desired
* 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
* 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, remove seeds from chipotle chile and finely chop. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add chile and garlic, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in goat cheese and 1/3 cup water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth sauce forms, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and add cilantro and remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil.
3. Drain pasta, and return to pot. Add tomatoes, corn and cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer to warm serving bowl. Toss in extra goat cheese crumbles, if desired.
Vegetarian Times Issue: September 1, 2006 p.71