1 pound penne rigate
1 cup Basic ... Stock, or low-sodium canned ... stock
1/2 pound summer squash, seeded and julienned
1/2 pound zucchini, seeded and julienned
1/4 pound sugar snap peas
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until al dente, about 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, bring the ... stock to a boil in a skillet large enough to hold the vegetables. Add the vegetables to the ... stock and steam, covered for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. When the vegetables are just tender, add the cooked penne and the olive oil and toss until it is heated through.
4. Divide the pasta and vegetables evenly among 4 warmed plates or bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil.
5. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Penne with Summer Squash, Zucchini and Sugar Snap Peas [Recipe Brought to you by FoodFit]