1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/4 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound soba noodles
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup blanched peas
1. Mix the peanut butter in a large bowl with the soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook stirring constantly until the water returns to a boil. Cook until the noodles are al dente.
3. Scoop the noodles out of the pot and directly into the bowl with the peanut butter mixture.
4. Add 2-4 tablespoons hot pasta water to loosen up the sauce.
5. Add the vegetables and toss well. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate.
This recipe serves: 4 children
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Peanut Noodle Salad [Recipe by FoodFit]